RCIA (Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults)
Please call the Parish Office at (410) 642-6534 or Judy Hyde (410) 378-3868.
- Do you want to explore becoming Catholic?
- Are you married or in a relationship with a Catholic and want to learn more?
- Were you baptized Catholic but never completed the other sacraments?
- Do you want to return to the church?
Good Shepherd offers a two-phase program, beginning September 8 and continuing through the Easter Vigil, for those considering becoming Catholic:
Phase 1: Inquiring about Catholicism
Offered on Wednesday evenings 6:30-7:45, these sessions are open to all who would like to know more about the Catholic Church. Come with your questions, large and small, and to share your own life journey.
Phase 2: The Catechumenate / Candidate
Once a person is ready to move on, the Catechumenate will further the teaching of the Gospels and Christian Life. This is a continual process, beginning in September, with ongoing catechesis and a developing cohesiveness within the group.
special prayers during Mass at the 4:00 pm Mass at Good Shepherd Church.
Needed - RCIA Sponsor Team
– We are inviting all who would like to help accompany adults/youth that are involved in the RCIA program by being on the RCIA Sponsor Team. Do you feel comfortable sharing your faith? Guiding others on their faith journey? Do you enjoy helping others discover the joy of serving others? Do you feel called in helping others to learn to pray and worship in the Catholic traditions? Can you help a candidate/catechumen explore the meaning of the Scriptures for daily life? These are some of the responsibilities of the RCIA Sponsor Team. If you answered “yes” to any of these questions stop and listen to how God is speaking to you at this moment. Please contact Bill and Judy Hyde @ 410-378-3868
As our candidates and catechumens prepare for reception into the church we invite the entire parish to pray for them.