Lectors proclaim the Word of God at the celebration of the Mass and other liturgies to assist the congregation in worship. By presenting the readings clearly, Lectors enable the community to gain a deeper spiritual understanding of the Scriptures.
To make the Liturgy of the Word as meaningful as possible for the congregation by conveying the liturgical readings in a clear and compelling manner.
- Read at specified Masses, per schedule
- Should read and reflect on each assigned reading prior to Mass
- Should arrive 15 minutes before the start of the Mass and spend a few minutes in prayer
- sincere interest in this ministry
- reasonably pleasant speaking voice and ability to project
- ability to convey the Word of God in a vibrant and meaningful manner
- ability to enunciate properly to ensure that the Word of God is conveyed clearly
Lectionary workbook is distributed and the Ministry Leader will work on an individual basis and/or provide training when a new Lector class commences
Time of Ministry:
At Saturday and Sunday Mass, daily Mass, other liturgical celebrations
If you are interested in serving as a Lector, please speak with Fr. Jay or Deacon Luke, or contact Marie Sypolt at the Parish Office.