The Parish Finance Council is an advisory board of parishioners appointed by the pastor to assist him and the parish business manager in the financial oversight of all parish operations and facilities, including Good Shepherd School.
Parish Office Meeting Room
To assist the pastor in financial and legal issues relating to parish operations.
1. Evaluate the financial needs of the parish on an on-going basis.
2. Prepare and communicate an annual budget and report.
3. Review reports on a monthly basis.
4. Assess parish real estate issues from both a financial and legal perspective.
5. Formulate long-range plans, including capital improvements.
6. Provide advice and counsel on operational issues.
7. Approve annual budget submitted by the budget committee.
8. Provide recommendations on the treatment and disposition of gifts and bequests.
1. Financial or legal background.
2. Good understanding of budgeting and business operations.
3. Willingness to develop a solid understanding of the standard Diocesan accounting system and apply personal expertise to its application in our parish.
4. Creativity in developing solutions; good decision making skills.
5. Broad range of experience to apply to resolution of issues.
No formal training at this time. New members are briefed to bring them up to speed on current issues. They are also provided hard-copy documentation.
Time of Ministry:
Meetings are held every month; one meeting of approximately two hours duration. Additional effort is required to prepare budgets, forecasts, and communication; to research accounting or legal issues or to coordinate issues with the Diocesan finance office.